Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TO LOVE AND BE WISE

The third of Josephine Tey’s Inspector Grant mysteries, and my favorite so far (mostly because it featured the small-town-where-all-the-eccentric-characters-are-suspects trope). It’s still only a fraction as awesome as Brat Farrar or Miss Pym Disposes, but it was an absorbing train read and gets bonus points for a very interesting twist ending.

P.S. Although a lot of the selections are pretty bonkers, I was happy to see Grant included, and decently ranked, on this list of bangable male characters in British literature. I’ve got a bit of a crush on him.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget _The Franchise Affair_, which I think you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read it, actually! But it was a number of years ago, and I don't really remember much about it, so I'm looking forward to rereading it. Especially since it apparently features a Grant cameo?

    ReplyDelete