Wednesday, November 18, 2009

NEVER LEARN ANYTHING FROM HISTORY

I have already professed my love for the online comics of Kate Beaton in detail. It pretty thoroughly sums up why, when I saw that Beaton had published a collection of her history comics in this book, I immediately had to buy a copy—and another for a friend. Sadly, I brought my own shiny copy with me to the doctor's waiting room during A’s hernia surgery, and there was an unfortunate accident in my purse with a water-filled snack baggie of carrots, and now the book looks like I’ve been reading it in the shower. Luckily, even if it will never close completely again, the pages remain perfectly legible, so I’m still able to enjoy the contents. Now I just need Beaton to publish a second book containing her more recent gems, like the Acton, Currer, and Ellis Bell one here. Or better yet, can’t a major publisher sign her up and give her a ton of money and produce a huge, gorgeous compendium? Get on that, major publishers!

No comments:

Post a Comment