Friday, January 28, 2011

SCOTT PILGRIM, VOLUMES 1 AND 2

I loved the movie, so of course I had to check out the source books by Bryan Lee O’Malley. Obviously there’s a lot more to the six-volume series than could be fit into a single film, but mostly what impressed me was how much the movie managed to capture, at least of the first two books, Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life and Scott Pilgrim Versus the World. (Volume 1 especially had a number of sequences replicated nearly verbatim in the film.) I feel like I’m still learning how to be a graphic-novel reader (I don’t know whether it’s the fact that I’m old or just not very visual, but sometimes I have a hard time following what’s going on or telling which character is which), but this is a fun education.

No comments:

Post a Comment