Monday, August 7, 2006

NIGHTS AT THE CIRCUS

I’m about 60 pages into Book 10, Nights at the Circus, by Angela Carter.

Why I own this book: This was a late entrant into the Project; coworker D gave it to me upon discovering that he had two copies. I thought it only fair that I should add another book to the list, seeing as I had copped out on Women in Love after 71 pages. I read a fair amount of Carter in high school and own The Bloody Chamber and Wise Children, so I was happy to read another of her books. Nights at the Circus is basically about a woman with wings (is she a real freak or a fake?) and, like other Carter books, is both rollicking and grotesque. Carter occasionally turns me off with her over-the-topness, but mostly the book is interesting and fun so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment